We (my father and myself) decided to go on a witch hunt for a new car. Something that suits me, my lifestyle and what I want. I have spent the last 3 years studying adventure tourism and working on my "outdoor/adventurous girl" side.
So... something that suits that? - A 4X4 of course! I am a girl that has always had an eye for older-styled things. Box-shaped cars, letters, men with long hair, men with bows strapped to themselves. So... something that suits that? - An older-styled 4X4 of course! I want to go to Eastern Europe. Travel around the black sea, go live in the Himalayas, go swim close to the shores of Iceland. So... something that suits that? - Something Russian...
So now, the three clues that suit me, my lifestyle and what I want are the following:
- A 4X4 to suit my lifestyle, the "outdoor/adventurous girl" type.
- An older-styled 4X4 that looks like a box, the "eye for older-styled things".
- And finally, something Eastern European, to be more specific at this time, something Russian!
I have come to realise, in this time of me searching for the perfect little car that can handle me and my "lifestyle", that almost everyone on this planet wants to own a car that is light on fuel usage and a 4X4. But, there are also a lot of people that need to sell these same cars in order to buy other toys, or objects of affection. For example: a guitar worth R25,000 or one worth R30,000. Some people just need to pay the bills that they have accumulated over time living a life of debt.
Searching through Autotrader, I found many different types of second-hand cars for sale! From Mitsubishi's to Mahindra's, from Suzuki's to Lada's, these were the few that caught my eye of course. But which one of these are a good price and are good cars? And the most important question of all; "Which one of these cars are old, a 4X4 and russian?"
A good friend of mine, AD, helped in finding out which one of these cars are good enough. Since the Lada Niva is an older-styled, 4X4 Russian, we looked into that! The other cars are all 3litre tanks. This, the Lada Niva, seemed to be the one. AD found a forum where a guy called Chris posed the question; "I want to buy a Lada Niva! Advice anyone?". And boy did he get it! So much bad things to say about this car! But we kept our faith and looked at the good things.
I found out a few days ago through Nico that a friend of his has a Lada Niva that he wants to sell. For just a little less than these other guys in Autotrader. We (my dad and I) got him to push the price down. Thanks to God! The price we offered was the exact amount he needed to buy something specific. (see before mentioned paragraph on why people are selling these awesome things of theirs!)
We went today to go and look at this amazing car...
His name will be Boris and he will be mine. And he will by my Boris!
(Photo in transit as well as prayers.. lots and lots of prayers!)
No comments:
Post a Comment